Frequently Asked Questions and More
What Handmade? Why Us?
It is very simple. We take accountability and responsibility seriously.
For years we have been fed this misinformation that lab-created ingredients are a necessary part of effective skin care. That we cannot successfully reverse aging or clear blemished skin and maintain hydration or prolong natural beauty without unnatural ingredients. This is not only untrue, but it is also a dangerous assumption. Handmade products are conscientiously made with complete control over the creation process. And accountability lays squarely with the brand. This is not something a large enterprise using mass-produced synthetics can give you. That's why us.
How To care For your Soaps
Most of our products are made free of chemical preservatives so storing them properly prolongs their healthy life. Store soaps in a dry, cool, place with plenty of air flow. Do not expose them to direct sunlight. The natural herbs and essential oils which are heat and light sensitive react poorly to sunlight. Bars of soap last longer if they are kept dry in between uses.
Salts and sugar scrubs might go bad or grow mold if left opened or allowed to be tainted with water. Close the lids tightly between uses and store in a cool and dry place. We make all our scrubs fresh after you place your order to ensure they are at their freshest when you receive them.
Please note that the shelf life of a scrub is 30-60 days from the date of delivery. With our scrubs, a little goes a long way and can be used 2-3 times a week.
How long can I expect your products to last really?
Our products are mostly natural and unfortunately don't have as long of a shelf life as many mass produced and chemical filled products. We do add vitamin E to most of our formulas to help prolong freshness and stability, but please try and finish your products within 6-8 months at the latest from opening to experience the ingredients and aromas at their finest and to achieve the most effective results. Also, the more you consistently use these products the better your results will be. Most of our customers replenish their skin care products every 6-8 weeks with twice daily use. Our soaps will last longer, but you have a large variety of them to choose from. We personally have 4-5 bars in the shower at one time.
Why don’t you use boxes for your products?
Boxes are very cute but sadly are not of use once you open them. We believe in simplicity in our products why shouldn't that transition to packaging as well. Waste and extravagance where it wouldn't count, this isn't what you pay for. Less fanfare in packaging means more quality and money placed where it matters. In your product. We'd rather you pay a fair price for what you can use on your skin.
Precautions and Disclaimers
- Please note that while all our eclectic and creatively made products are aromatically delicious, they are not meant to be ingested.
- Please keep the products out of the reach of children and your pets.
- Store them in a cool and dark place away from direct light and UV rays or at room temperature (68-75 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Though we use the best raw materials and take every precaution to provide you with the best skin-loving soaps, as a precaution we recommend you patch test our soaps on a skin before use to avoid any allergic reactions. The best area to test for allergic reactions is on your inner wrist or elbows.
- Be sure to consult your physician before using any products containing essential oils if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Several herbs and essential oils are not recommended for use by pregnant and nursing women, infants, and children.
- Keep our products away from your eyes. In case of eye contact immediately flush with cool water and should it not alleviate the discomfort seek medical attention immediately.
- Allergies: Some of our items do contain nut material, and one should assume that all products have been made in an environment which is exposed to nut material. Those with severe allergies to specific items should read the ingredients list closely.
- Sensitivity: While the ingredients we use are commonly used to make skin care products, it is impossible for us to predict who may or may not be sensitive to these items. Please use caution. If a product causes irritation, please discontinue use immediately and let us know so we can make a note of it and try to find the products that work well for you.
Disclaimer: Please note that due to the handcrafted nature of our products, there will be visual variations in our soaps. No one soap will look identical to the other. You may notice small divots, color discrepancies and air bubbles which are completely normal for artisan soap.
Our products are not intended to prevent, treat or cure any medical conditions and are not made to take the place of medical advice given by a trained physician.
Are your products tested on animals?
No. Never under any circumstances. We are 100% cruelty-free, and we source our raw materials from facilities that align with our values. Every time. All the time.
What is a salt soap bar?
A salt bar is a regular soap bar that is approximately 50% salt. Salt bars by nature do lather slightly less than a regular bar and are best used either directly on the skin or with a loofah or scrubby.
Why are labels so confusing?
We think labels are pretty straightforward compared to products with many synthetic additives. However, we are required by the FDA to use the INCI names (that may sound unusual) of all ingredients when labeling, and since we’d like to keep selling to you, we do it the way they tell us to.
Will your product cure things?
We cannot make any claims about our product curing anything without undergoing FDA testing and that product being classified as a drug (thus raising the price tremendously). However, what we can do is help educate you on common uses of many natural ingredients and provide you with proven experiences from our other customers. In the end, we want you to make informed decisions based on the knowledge you acquire.
Are your products vegan or organic?
Some of our products are vegan. And most of our products are organic. We like to include a little something for everyone in our assortment. Please read our ingredients labels carefully. These will tell you if the item you are looking at is vegan, organic or animal by-product based on milk or honey.
Are your Products All Natural?
Our products are "as natural as we can make them." They range from 100% natural to about 97% natural at this time. While we would love for all of our products to be 100% natural, there are certain fragrances which are synthetic as well as some colorants. If you have questions on natural levels of a particular product, please ask, and we will gladly explain.
Why are there variations in colors?
When you order our items, we use the same recipe as always. However, all of our items are handmade. This means that there may be slight variations from batch to batch. It is the "human element" that makes Handmade products unique works of art and also higher in quality. Because of the personal attention we give it. Please rest assured however that even if they look slightly different, you are still receiving the quality product that you fell in love with before.
How can I keep updated on what is new with Earthyalchemist?
You should subscribe to our newsletter, and we will send out updates on new product launches, blog posts, sales and new and exciting events. The fastest and easiest way to know what we are up to is to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. We update information on social media every day, and you will have your finger on the pulse of it all so to speak.
I love your products and would like to get them to sell at my shop?
Thank you for your interest! Please email us at email@example.com for wholesale information.
WHO CAN I CONTACT WITH PRESS INQUIRIES?
Email us with the details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you ship internationally?
We do not at this time ship internationally, new and exciting things are in store for us in 2018. We will keep you posted.
How long does it take for my order to ship?
Standard Shipping and Priority Mail options via USPS is what we offer at the moment nationwide. While we ask for 3-5 business days to process and package your orders, we make every effort to ship out at the earliest. Please note that there may be processing delays in shipping during large sale events and peak shopping days.
Winter Weather and Our Products
You are excited to get your box of goodies from us. You twist off the caps, only to find that your carefully selected Earthyalchemist products are cold as ice and much thicker than you expected, or possibly even frozen or separated.
Don't panic.Your goodies are not damaged or ruined, just cold. In most cases, the viscosity and separation can be easily remedied by following these simple steps:
- Let your products sit at room temperature (68° – 75° F) to resolve any viscosity issues.
- Once at room temperature, shake the bottles and stir the scrubs in the jar.
- Store at room temperature (68° – 75° F) in tightly sealed in our containers
- Protect your products from moisture, extreme temperatures, and direct UV light.